Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates and maintains a wealth of nutritional resources to help you maintain the nutrition of your horses. You can find those resources here.
- How to Decrease Your Horse's Risk of Colic with Nutrition Management (Watch Video Recording Now)
- Winter Feeding (Watch Video Recording Now)
- Gastric Ulcers in Horses (Watch Video Recording Now)
- Metabolic Disease Prevention and Managment (Watch Video Recording Now)
- What Do I Need to Know About Raising Chicks? (Watch Video Recording Now)
- When Quality Hay Is In Short Supply, What Can I Feed My Horse? (Watch Video Recording Now)
- Beet Pulp – What Is It and Why Do Horses Need It? (Watch Video Recording Now)
- Should I Be Concerned About Feeding Alfalfa? (Watch Video Recording Now)
- A Window into Your Horse’s Digestive System: How It Works & How It Can Fail (Watch Video Recording Now)
- My Horse Is Carb Sensitive, Isn’t It? (Watch Video Recording Now)
Infographics make complex information easy to understand. They also make dry information more engaging. Check out Standlee's custom-made infographics below.
- What You Need to Know About Gastric Ulcers (PDF)
- Hay Is Not For Horses (URL)
- The Lucky History of Horseshoes (URL)
With the help of Dr. Stephen Duren and Dr. Tania Cubitt (Standlee nutritionists), Standlee Premium Western Forage® has created several nutritional white papers across a wide variety of topics. Click on the links below to read more about the individual topics.
If you would like to learn more about a particular nutritional topic, please contact us at Product Inquiry.
- Alfalfa and Horses
- Beet Pulp: What do I need to know?
- Carbohydrates and Horses - What do I need to know?
- Dietary Changes And Forage
- Feeding And Management For An Obese Horse
- Feeding The Senior Horse
- Fight The Cold: Feeding During The Winter
- Forage And Gastric Ulcers
- Forage For Horses – The Key To Health
- Guaranteed Analysis – Why Is It Important?
- Hay, Have You Thought About Your Horse's Forage!
- Hay In Short Supply? Horse Forage Alternatives From Standlee Premium Western Forage®
- Holding Diets for Show Livestock
- How To Decrease Your Horse's Risk Of Colic With Nutrition Management
- Low Carb Forage Options
- Managing Body Condition With Forage
- Misconceptions In Selecting Forage For Horses
- Organic Alfalfa Pellets and the Lactating Dairy Goat
- Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (pssm) – What Should I Feed To Address Tying-up Or Cramping?
- Research Shows Soaking Beet Pulp Reduces Sugar Content
- Ruminants And Camelids Digestive Overview And Forage Feeding Instructions
- Standlee Premium Western Forage® Cubes And Pellets Vs. Dehydrated Hay Product
- Straw For Bedding
- The Big Two Forage Grasses: Timothy and Orchard
- Tips For Feeding Compressed Bales
Nutritional Email Archive
- May 2018 - What Do I Feed My Horse? – Managing Forage Part 3
- April 2018 - What Do I Feed My Horse? – Managing Forage Part 2
- March 2018 - Issues with Horse Obesity and What It Leads To
- February 2018 - What Can I Do When Hay is in Short Supply?
- January 2018 - Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
- December 2017 - What Makes Some Forage Better Than Others?
- November 2017 - What You Need To Know About Gastric Ulcers
- October 2017 - The Secret to Properly Storing Hay
- September 2017 - Are You Feeding the Right Forage?
- August 2017 - Organic Alfalfa Pellets and the Lactating Dairy Goat
- July 2017 - Is Alfalfa Bad For Horses?
- June 2017 - Dealing with Heat Stress in Horses
- May 2017 - How to Manage and Prevent Tying-Up
- April 2017 - Protecting Your Horse from EMS
- March 2017 - Are Carbs Really Bad for Your Horse?
- February 2017 - 4 Vital Tips to Help Your Horse Adjust After Winter
- January 2017 - Winter Weather Tips for Your Horse
- December 2016 - What Are Your Feed Options in a Drought?
- November 2016 - How Does Winter Affect Your Horse? (PDF)
- October 2016 - Why Is Fall So Dangerous for Horses?
- September 2016 - How Important Are Electrolytes For Your Horse?
- August 2016 - How to Keep Your Horse from Overheating
- July 2016 - Making the Last Years, the Best Years
- June 2016 - Taking Care Of Your Senior Horse
- May 2016 - Dealing With Obesity In Horses
- April 2016 - How To Deal With PSSM In Your Horse
- March 2016 - 3 Incredible Things About Your Horse's Body
- February 2016 - Can Horses Really Love Someone?
- January 2016 - New Year's Resolutions For Your Horse!